Frequently asked questions—Information for census employees

Do I need to declare revenue from my census job?

Yes. Census employee earnings are taxable and insurable, for purposes of Employment Insurance and the Canada Pension Plan.

How can I get my T4/RL-1 slips?

All tax statements will be produced and sent to employees through Canada Post's epost™ (opens in new browser window) service in late February 2022.

How can I get my Record of Employment?

All Records of Employment will be available from the Service Canada website for a period of two (2) years. You can log in to My Service Canada Account (opens in new browser window) to access your Record of Employment within five (5) working days of receiving your final payment.

I still have census materials. What should I do with them?

All census materials must be returned to your supervisor at the end of your assignment. If you cannot reach your supervisor, return your materials to the regional census office in your region. Please call us at 1-855-560-9733 if you have any questions.

Date modified: