Reference materials, 2016 Census
Reference materials are designed to help users make the most of census data. They cover various aspects of the census and are intended to support the use of data. Every effort has been made to simplify the text or add simple explanations to the technical text in order to make the information accessible to as many people as possible.
- Census Dictionary
- Guide to the Census of Population, 2016
- Release and Concepts Overview, 2016 Census of Population
- Reference Guides, Census of Population, 2016
- Technical Reports
Other reference materials
- 2016 Census of Population questionnaires and reporting guides
- Geographic name formats
- Data quality and confidentiality
- 2016 Census of Population collection response rates
- Symbols, abbreviations and acronyms
- Incompletely enumerated Indian reserves and Indian settlements
- Geographic areas not released
- Standard errors of estimates for 2006 Census long form sample, 2011 National Household Survey (NHS) and 2016 Census long form sample
- Supporting information
- Technical note: Putting 2016 Census results in context
- Population and dwelling count amendments, 2016 Census
- Products and services, 2016 Census of population
- Release of personal data after 92 years
- 2016 Census Program release schedule
- Policy on response to formal review requests of 2016 Census population and dwelling counts
- Update of the 2016 Census language data
- Technical report on changes in response related to the census ethnic origin question: Focus on Jewish origins, 2016 Census integrated with 2011 National Household Survey
- Response mobility and the growth of the Aboriginal identity population, 2006-2011 and 2011-2016
Need reference products from previous censuses?
Report a problem on this page
Is something not working? Is there information outdated? Can't find what you're looking for?
Please contact us and let us know how we can help you.
- Date modified: